This is the Honest Scrap award. It is for those bloggers who write from the heart. I received it from Carter at Creative Chronicler. The rules are to pass it along to seven bloggers and then list 10 honest things about myself. Here are those deserving of this honor, bloggers who write from the heart and touch me because of it:
Debbie at Wrighty's Reads
Dar at Peeking Between the Pages
Jenners at Find your Next Book Here
Alyce at At Home With Books
Kathryn at Virginia Kate Sagas
Molly at My Cozy Book Nook
Missy at Missy's Book Nook
Ten honest things about me. Ooh, where do I start?
1. I'd rather read than do housework any day. But then. . . . . who wouldn't? Well, maybe my sister-in-law, Kathleen. Anyone who feels the need to rev up the vac on Christmas eve because, "the wrapping paper is disturbing the carpet nap "......... Well, that's another story!
2. Speaking of rather, I'd rather eat ice cream than brussels sprouts. But then again. . . . . ..who wouldn't? Well, maybe my sister-in-law, Kathleen. Hmmm, are you seeing a trend here?
3. I don't like being
shortless than tall. Stinks, I have to drag the step stool around for everything.
4. Technology just amazes and delights me at the same time that it baffles me. That's really not a surprise since I'm not too sure how they actually "make" electricity, no matter how simply my electrical engineer hubby tried to explain it to me. Anyone starting a sentence with, " you know how the nuclear reactor . . ." loses me pretty darn quickly.
5. Reincarnation, yep, I do believe there is something to that.
6. My only sister has been dead for 33 years and yet, I still miss her terribly and can still hear her voice in my head and picture her crystal clearly. She loved to read and recommended all her finds to me.
7. One day I read one of those "get to know me" e mails and my younger daughter listed her greatest fear. I had no idea she worried about that. After watching my father-in-law and my sister-in-law Peg struggle with Alzheimers,this is now one of my worst fears. It's such an insidious, dignity robbing disease, I can see how hard it is on the rest of the family. Not something I ever want my children to have to deal with but chances are they will as Alzheimers seems to be hereditary.
8. The more I read about dysfunctional families, drugs, abused and neglected children, the more I thank God for the upbringing and family I come from.
9. On a lighter note, I am a collector of tea pots, bone china and penguins, not necessarily in that order.
10. I have known my best friend for 55 years and count her as a huge blessing in my life. Love ya', T! Her hubby calls us the Bobbsey Twins. That sure shows our age! I wonder just how many of you readers can name the 4 Bobbsey twins without googling?
Rebecca of Lost in Books has just honored me with the Who Loves You Baby award. I want to pass this on to:
Carey at The Tome Traveller
Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea
Lisa at Books and Cooks
Drey at Drey's Library
Staci at Life in The Thumb
Luanne at A Bookworm's World
Lesa at Lesa's Book Critiques
Kelly of Enroute to Life has thrilled me by giving me the Swanky Blogger award. She thinks I'm spunky too. Now just how darn cute is she? A few of the new-to-me bloggers I want to share this with are:
Trin at Bloody Bad
Amy at Park Avenue Princess
Carolyn at Book Chick City
Gaby at Starting Fresh
One of my ultra-favorite bloggers, Bookfan Mary, has just splashed me with the Mermaid Award. Guess I won't need to dip in the pool today! Thanks, Mary. This is a really fun award that has been previously passed on.
Well, there you have it. Of course, during BBAW I have discovered a slew of wonderful new blogs to read. If you haven't read any of these great blogs, please do. They each have their own special niche in the blogosphere.