- Title of book you read: Amazing Gracie by Sherryl Woods
- Words to describe the book: Contemporary Romance
- Location or characters you met:
- Gracie MacDougal, manager for Worldwide hotels currently working at a hotel in France. After having a difference of opinion with her new boss, Max, Gracie quits and returns to the states. Not having any permanent home or family ties, she rents a house in Seagull, VA. She likes being near the water and the house she rents is right on the river. When Gracie spots a neglected vacant old Victorian house that would make a perfect B&B, she tries to find the owner to make an offer on the property. What she finds is a charmer who won't give her a straight answer but manages to turns Gracie's world upside down.
- Kevin Daniels: A lawyer by trade but when Gracie meets him, he always seems to be lounging in his hammock. Kevin is in charge of his family's trust fund and a slew of ne'er do well cousins who are constantly depending on Kevin to solve all their life's mistakes and problems. Kevin makes it his mission to give Gracie the run-around while all the time he is falling for her in a big way but his family needs all his attention or so he has led himself to believe.
- Aunt Delia: at 87 years of age, she now lives with her nephew Kevin and lets him make all her business decisions including what to do with her old house. Aunt Delia, sweet and delightful she may be, but she has some secrets from her youth that she is loathe to share with anyone as everyone perceives her as the family's innocent spinster.
4. Things you liked/disliked about the book:
- I liked the sweet romance(s) that developed throughout the story.
- I loved the characters as they made mistakes, tried to rectify them and learned to follow their instincts and realize their dreams.
- I liked the way the author wove some more serious issues into the story including widowhood, adultery, divorce and family secrets.
- I loved the minor subplots with some of Kevin's cousins. They really added to the believability of the story.
5. Stars or less for your rating: 4**** After reading a more serious book, this was an enchanting little romance. A quick easy read perfect for a lazy day!