So, lets get to it. Although I read a lot of excellent books this year, ones that I just couldn't put down for anything were few and far between. Only 4 books earned that elusive 5* rating from me.
- The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman
- Summer in the South by Cathy Holton
- The Peachkeeper by Sarah Addison Allen
- The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt by Caroline Preston
Most Disappointing: I had read positive reviews and was really hoping for better.
- Front Porch Prophet by Raymond Atkins
- Home to Woefield by Susan Juby
- A Pinch of Love by Alicia Bessett
Worst book read:
- I Shall Not Want by Debbie Viguié ( a cozy mystery, no less)
Here is just a reiteration of how I rate books, mainly to remind myself how I felt about the book while reading.
Ratings criteria or what I call the "put down, pick up factor":
- 1* put it down and leave it down, couldn't stand it, best used as a paperweight, doorstop or kindling.
- 2* meh, could take it or leave it but mostly leave it. I could put it down and not care if I picked it up again or not
- 3* okay enjoyable read, although I liked it, I could put it down easily and not rush back to continue
- 4* I really liked this one, I could put it down but reluctantly and was somewhat anxious to get back to it
- 5* Loved it! Couldn't put it down and if I absolutely had to ( if something was on fire or flooding) I couldn't wait to get back to it.
I'd also like to take this time to thank each and every person who stopped by for a visit here at Pudgy Penguin Perusals. Your thoughts and comments are always much appreciated.You all make the on-line reading community the special place that it is. I've really enjoyed reading your blogs; your thoughts, friendships, creativity and posts that let me get to know you better and for all of your recommendations that expanded my reading. Here's hoping for a fantastic year ahead with good books to read and share, good health and happiness to all of you and yours.
I'd also like to thank every publisher who sent me a review book, provided 52 copies for giveaways, and every author who graced these pages with their thoughts in a guest post.
There you have it! I can't wait to see your lists. What were your faves and disappointments? Loves and hates? Do you have any plans to do anything differently in 2012?