1. Book you read and/or reviewed this week Assassins at Ospreys by R.T. Raichev
2. Words that describe the book : Murder Mystery
3. Settings where it took place or characters you met:
- Antonia Darcy: mystery writer who, along with her husband Hugh, becomes too involved with an ardent fan and her live in companion.
- Bee, an invalid who has a flair for the dramatic and a love of mysteries beseeches Antonia to come to her home to see what she thinks about a letter Bee has just received. Is she really what she seems or is she a clever manipulator?
- Ralph Renshawe: owner of Ospreys who has a past with Bee and her companion Ingrid, is dying from cancer and about to change his will in a way that will set off murder and mayhem.
4. Things you liked and/or disliked about it:
- I loved the almost gothic feel of the mystery set in an English country manor far from the beaten path.
- The clever plot with some twists that had me thinking every which way but the right way.
- The many faceted characters and their true actions kept me guessing until the end.
- The fact that this story had a timeless feel to it. It could have been set in present day or a hundred years ago.
5. Stars or less for your rating? 5*****