Honestly, I had no intentions of signing up for any challenges in 2010 but then I saw the challenge to read your own books so I succumbed to that one. Then I didn't finish all the Russian books I wanted to in December and saw the Chunkster challenge. Well, you know what happened. It was inevitable that I succumbed to that challenge also. Now I just saw this one, Typically British Challenge. Since I read so many British mysteries, I just couldn't help myself and so I'm signing up for this one too. But this is it! Honestly, it is. I mean it this time. Don't make me say it again. Seriously, no more challenges, none, zip, nada. I'm done.
Here are the rules for the Typically British Challenge:
Timeline: 1st Jan 2010~ 31st Dec 2010. Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge.
1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
2. There are four levels:
• "Put The Kettle On" – Read 2 Typically British novels.
• "Gordon Bennett" – Read 4 Typically British novels.
• "Bob's Your Uncle" – Read 6 Typically British novels.
• "Cream Crackered" – Read 8 Typically British novels.
3. Any book format counts.
4. You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront then you can change them, nothing is set in stone!
5. The books you choose can crossover into other challenges.
6. If you decide to participate in this challenge please use the link I have set up below with the button to post on your sidebar, this way others can find their way back to this post and join in the fun.
7. If you decide to join this challenge be sure to create a post telling others, please make sure you add a link back to this post so others can join in.
8. There will be a place for you to link your reviews, but this is optional.
9. Obviously only British authors count!
How could anyone resist with clever levels such as these? It's "Bob's Your Uncle" for me; 6 book commitment. How about you? Does this look like your cuppa? You can sign up at Book Chick City.
Here is a list of my books:
- They Found Him Dead by Georgette Heyer 4****
- Rumor Has It by Jill Mansell 4****
- Sons of Fortune by Jeffrey Archer 2**
- The Water's Lovely by Ruth Rendell 4****
- Beautiful People by Wendy Holden 4****
- The Founding by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles 4****
- Holly's Inbox: Scandal in the City by Holly Denham 3***
- Take a Chance on Me by Jill Mansell 4****